- Full-Time Role, Monday to Friday
- Remote/hybrid with flexible hours
- AUD $130K per annum + super and perks
- An Australian resident for tax purposes required
Paperform's Vision and Mission
Paperform is an Aussie, bootstrapped, SaaS company that launched in late 2016, and now has thousands of customers from across the globe. We’re a small, agile team, and we’re growing fast!
Paperform’s mission is to bring business owners back to life by giving people the digital tools and support they need to build set-and-forget solutions. We want to see everyone have more time for the people and things they love.
Our core product is an online form builder like no other; Paperform is your digital Swiss Army Knife that does everything short of open bottles. It combines serious digital smarts with beautiful design to create endless possibilities. Our no-code editor is built from the ground up for anyone to master, with no techno-geek skills needed… unless you want to flex some big nerd muscles, then we’ve got you covered too. You won’t believe all the things you can create. Educate and entertain. Persuade, sell, and solve problems. If you can dream it, you can Paperform it.
As a product-led growth company, the Software Engineer (Growth) role is an amazing opportunity for a front-end developer with both deep technical abilities, and a strong understanding of how growth functions in SaaS businesses.
The primary responsibility of this programming role is to increase the velocity of experimentation across the funnel. Reporting directly to the Head of Growth, this role functions as a bridge between the Product and Growth Teams, ensuring that the Growth Team can pursue growth focussed initiatives without being dependent on Product Team availability. This role will also involve collaborating with the wider Product Team on larger growth focussed initiatives.
Day to day, you'll be owning the public website, improving systems, working on additional growth focussed projects (e.g. strategic integrations, internal tooling), running experiments, and analysing the results.
As a technical person within the Growth Team, you'll be the go-to person for questions around product analytics, experiment feasibility (i.e. is this really hard or easy?), and expected to be able to deliver results with minimal supervision.
We expect you to be self-motivated, take initiative and ownership of your responsibilities, and to be extremely competent in solving problems without needing to be micromanaged. Working as part of a remote team, you’ll be expected to be able to communicate clearly with the team over a variety of mediums (video calls, Slack, monday.com etc.), be comfortable with raising issues or questions along the way, and provide insights into your work.
- Have a true growth mindset and a solid understanding of how your work impacts the bottom line.
- Develop and maintain our website, which facilitates user acquisition and engagement.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Marketing Teams to identify growth opportunities and implement experiments.
- Design and implement A/B tests to optimise user engagement, conversion, and retention across the website and product
- Assist in analysing data to measure the effectiveness of growth initiatives and identify areas for improvement
- Assist the Product Team in setting up events to analyse user behaviour in our analytics tools
- Manage the technical infrastructure required to support growth initiatives, including integration with third-party services
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices in growth engineering and share your knowledge with the team
- In addition to the above main responsibilities, the role will require you to take on additional tasks and projects as needed in the best interest of the business.
Important Skills & Experience
- Strong modern frontend development skills (JS/TS, React, CSS, Tailwind)
- Have strong experience in data analysis
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with databases
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Have an eye for design
You’re a good fit if you…
- Are a doer, and used to working solo
- Strong analytical mind
- Are pragmatic - you err on the side of delivering value fast VS crafting the perfect solution
- Are a jack of all trades - you're not scared to learn and try new things
- Experience working in or with a growth/marketing team
- Experience working in B2B SaaS is ideal
- Full stack development experience (Node, Lambda, PHP8, AWS)
What we offer
- Flexibility to work remotely
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Awesome annual team retreats with the entire company
- The opportunity to work in an inclusive company that truly cares about you and your career
- Room to be creative, and sink your teeth into projects that you own
- Recognition and support for your hard work
- Work with genuinely fantastic people who value candour, kindness, discipline and arguing well.
Working for us
Our main office is in Sydney Australia but we are a remote-first company. Your role will involve working both autonomously and collaboratively with the wider team. For this reason, we are looking for people who can be available during regular business hours across the Sydney time zone.
To work for us you need a stable Internet connection, a passion for getting things done, outstanding communication skills and an obsession with detail. You will need to be an Australian resident or citizen.
We have clear core values that drive the way we work:
- We are compassionate and kind: We treat everyone with respect and compassion. That goes for our team, customers, competitors and anyone in between. We put ourselves in your shoes, or behind your keyboard, and actively listen. Frustrated? Irritated? We’re the types that respond with an extra dose of kindness and support.
- We argue well and assume the best in others: Ever seen LeBron James argue with his teammates? That’s ‘cos when you’re pushing the boundaries and striving for greatness you don’t always agree. That’s okay. It’s not a personal attack. We speak up if we think there’s a better way to do something, but never lose sight of the fact our colleagues and our customers are on the same team. Disagreement offers a way for us to hone our critical thinking skills and become better as people and as a company.
- We are people and product-focused: We’re a SaaS business. That means we expect all our team members to understand the product back to front. No matter our role, from web dev to writer, we’re actively playing with and exploring it daily. This goes for customer problems too. We act as though we’re all responsible for customer service, regardless of our titles, and do what’s best for the customer first—even if that means suggesting a solution outside of Paperform.
- We are self-disciplined: Self-discipline has become a lost virtue. It used to be called things like grit; pluck; gumption. It’s doing the hard things. We turn up to work on time and we deliver on our promises and we see projects through to the finish line. We do the work without fanfare or complaints, then turn around and do it all again.
- We champion autonomy. We don't impose limits. We remove them. This goes for our team and our customers. Paperform is about giving you the tools to get the job done and the breathing room to do it. This doesn’t mean you’re up a river without a paddle—openness and an ability to ask for help are baked in.
How to apply:
Submit the application form at https://growth-engineer.paperform.co/
If your application is being considered, we’ll invite you to a video call interview. We’ll provide more info on these steps if you progress.
We receive a high volume of applications for every role we post - please be patient as we review and give every candidate the attention they deserve.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to answer every application we receive; if you don’t hear from us within the next 3 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We encourage you to keep an eye out for upcoming roles in the future.